A Cat In The Hat Napking Ring – A Kid Friendly Thing To Do
Well, you can’t say that I didn’t warn you. Another toilet paper roll craft is here. I sort of feel embarrassed to display another toilet paper craft. Someone’s gotta stop me! Or, Charmin needs to sponsor me! LOL!
Here’s What You’ll Need – to create this Cat In The Hat Napkin Ring:
Here’s What You’ll Need: For Each One –
Toilet Paper Tube
Red Spray Paint
White Felt or Foam
Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun ( I use a warm gun. I’ve been burned too many times with the hot one. Yikes!)
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- You can either leave the roll the same height – this will make it really look like A Cat In The Hat, or – trim it by cutting a couple of inches off to look more like a napkin ring. Both would work – your preference.
- Cut 1/2 inch slits all around the bottom of your toilet paper roll.
- Bend these outward. These help the roll stand, and also provide something for the brim to secure to.
- Spray paint with red paint
- After they are dry, flip the roll over onto your white fabric, so you can trace a circle from the inside of your roll.
- Cut this circle out, and cut a larger circle around it. You are making the brim. It should look like the letter O.
- Pull this over your roll of toilet paper, and secure it with glue to your bent slits.
- Cut strips of white ribbon to the circumference of your tube.
- Place 2 or 3 dots of hot glue on your tube of toilet paper.
- Adhere your white ribbon around the tube, as stripes.
- You’re Done!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com