Dr. Seuss Cat In The Hat Crayon Holders Craft – A Kid Friendly Thing To Do
Now that you have a Cat In The Hat Tablecloth instruction. Here is a Cat In The Hat Crayon Holder to add to the fun!
Here’s What You’ll Need: For Each One –
Toilet Paper Tube
Red Spray Paint
White Felt or Foam
Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun ( I use a warm gun. I’ve been burned too many times with the hot one. Yikes!)
Plastic Shot Glasses – You can find them in the drink aisles.
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- Cut 1/2 inch slits all around the bottom of your toilet paper roll.
- Bend these outward. These help the roll stand, and also provide something for the brim to secure to.
- Spray paint with red paint
- After they are dry, flip the roll over onto your white fabric, so you can trace a circle from the inside of your roll.
- Cut this circle out, and cut a larger circle around it. You are making the brim. It should look like the letter O.
- Pull this over your roll of toilet paper, and secure it with glue to your bent slits.
- Cut strips of white ribbon to the circumference of your tube.
- Place 2 or 3 dots of hot glue on your tube of toilet paper.
- Adhere your white ribbon around the tube, as stripes.
- Place a shot glass upside down, inside the tube.
- Place a shot glass right side up, on top of the other glass. It will look like an hour glass.
- You’re done! Stick crayons into the plastic cup, and have fun!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com