Reese’s Easter Basket and Reese’s Nest CupcakesPosted by Melissa on Mar 28, 2012 in Birthday/Holiday & Celebration Dish, Cupcakes, Dessert, Easter, Easter, Easter, Fun Foods, Holiday Fun Foods, Holidays, Birthdays & Celebration Ideas, Recipe, Recipes | 0 comments
These Reese’s Easter Basket and Reese’s Nest Cupcakes are soooooooo darn cute! Plus, they’re easy to do! Not to mention – yummy! Imagine Resee’s Peanut Butter Cups, with Coconut & vanilla frosting underneath. Use these adorable cupcakes for the Easter table, a Spring party, or a birthday party! Here’s What You’ll Need!:
- Baked Cupcakes
- Vanilla Frosting tinted green with green food coloring –
- Coconut Flakes
- Green Food coloring
- Big Resee’s Peanut Butter Cups – They make the giant ones that look to me, very similar to a basket! Maybe it’s just me, but they turned out so cute!
- Chocolate covered Coconut Eggs – M & Ms makes these
- Wilton Chocolate Melts – Brown – You will only need a small amount
- A 3 inch piece of naturally wired for each basket handle – found in the floral section of Michael’s Craft Store
- A little birdie, or little chicken for the nest (found mine at Michael’s in the Easter Section) & a little bunny for the basket!
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
- Frost your cupcakes with the green frosting
- Place the coconut flakes in a zip tight bag, along with some green food coloring & shake!
- Add your green coconut to the outer edge of the cupcake – leave the center with only frosting so the Reese’s can hold on
- While your Reese’s is still in the brown wrapper, take a knife, and in the center, cut out a hole. Make the hole big enough to fill it up with eggs
Scoop a little bit out of the center of the giant Reese’s Cup – this is where the eggs will go
Melt a handful of chocolate melts using the instructions on the back of the bag. place your Reese’s Cups on a cookie sheet, and attach the 3 inch wire with melted chocolate. Hold it in place for about 30 seconds to give the chocolate time to firm for you
- Place the Resee’s Cup on the Center of the frosted cupcake
- Fill with Coconut Eggs
- You could use some melted chocolate (or frosting) to glue the eggs down on the top of the Resee’s. One or two might try to get away, if you don’t. Not necessary – though.
Don’t Miss a Thing! Follow Along with me to get the latest recipes, crafts, and more