The Lorax Party Balloon Hats – A Kid Friendly Thing To Do
Kids love, love, love balloon shapes! Nothing puts a smile on a child’s face like a balloon shape at a party! (Well, candy comes in at the top, too!)
Don’t be intimidated by balloon shaping. It’s not that hard, and it only requires a couple of simple items. Go ahead, give it a try!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- A large bag of twisting balloons – Variety of Colors
- A bag of assorted balloon shapes -this is for The Lorax – If you are just doing Truffula Trees, then disregard this. Hopefully this will have plenty of orange for your party. Get a couple if you are in doubt. You want the pear shaped balloon shape. If you can’t find that than just get regular orange balloons.
- Hand Balloon Pump
- Black Sharpie (Again, this is for the Lorax – if you are only doing the Truffula Trees, disregard.
Now, Here’s What You’ll Need To Do:
I am going to refer you to a link for making a simple balloon hat – video clip. This way you can watch while you practice, pause, rewind, and all of that good stuff.
Now, for the Truffula Trees, here is another clip to watch. There is only a couple of differences.
- The Truffula is easier, than the flower hat.
- Omit the leaves, and do not worry about the bubble for the middle of the flower. You don’t want that.
- Only make the stem about 1 foot to 1 and 1/2 ft. long. Don’t inflate it all the way to the end. Leave about an inch not inflated. See picture.
- Again, Just leave the end of the balloon without air, and wrap it around the flower petals. See picture above.
- Hide it in-between the petals.
- Pictures are provided.
- Here’s the link for the flower.
Pictures to help:
You’ll have one more twist before it looks like a flower. Really watch the video, here. You’ll want to fold it just the right way, and use the knot in the balloon as a soft point to twist.
you can bend the balloon down!
- Make a basic hat
- Blow up a round – or pear shaped orange balloon
- Find the softest link in your basic hat.
- Wrap the end of your blown up orange balloon around the center portion of your link.
- Draw a Lorax Face!
For more Dr. Seuss Party Ideas Check under Holiday/Dr. Seuss Party Table Ideas!