Make A Pilgrim Hat From A Paper Cup – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
This is so simple, and so darn cute! I love this little pilgrim hat! I can’t wait to see all the kids wearing these hats at Thanksgiving! So fun! Here’s what I did to make this hat!:
- A Black paper cup – I found mine at the Dollar Tree – 6 for $1…what a bargain!
- Black ribbon - you’ll need 2 strips per cup, each about 14″ long – also found this at the Dollar tree! The Dollar Tree was rockin’!
- Brown and Yellow Foam Pieces with adhesive backing
- Hole Punch
- Measuring tape – if you like to be precise – otherwise just eye it!
- Place the cup, upside down on a craft surface
- Cut a strip of brown foam – about 3/4 of an inch wide, and the length of your cups circumference
- Pull the adhesive off and place that around the bottom of the cup – on the outside, just about 1/4 inch up from the bottom of the cup
- Now cut out a yellow square 1″x1″, cut a square out of the center of that square, so it resembles a belt buckle
- Place that at the front of your cup hat, and centered over the brown strip
- Punch 2 holes in the cup – just below the brown strip on opposite sides
- Push the ribbon into the holes in the cup from the outside into the center and tie a knot, so the knot is bigger than the hole and won’t come out
- You’re done! Yippee!
**These would be cute at a classroom Thanksgiving party! So cute and easy!!!!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – A site providing kid friendly crafts, recipes, and fun things to do with the whole family!