A Basketball Cupcake – A Fun Food Idea
Did someone say, it’s time for March Madness?! Swish! This basketball cupcake pivoting on it’s side is swishing into the net!
As a born Hoosier, I thought I owed it to my home state to make a basketball dessert! Sorry it took me so long. Here’s what I came up with & how you can make one, too!:
For Each Basketball Dessert You’ll Need:
- 2 baked cupcakes
- 1 waffle bowl – Keebler’s makes theses
- red frosting with round pastry tip
- orange frosting
- white frosting in a pastry bag with a round tip
- chocolate frosting in a pastry bag with a round tip
Now, on to the Basketball Cupcake:
- Add red icing to the top of the sugar cone bowl (i.e. – net)
- Add the net by following the lines of the sugar cone bowl
- Frost a cupcake with orange frosting
- Using your pastry bag, start making a basketball design like this
- And, this!
- Chop the top off of your second cupcake, and put that sucker upside down in the sugar cone bowl
- Set your basketball cupcake on its side – I know, your beautiful design is now somewhat smashed into the side of the sugar bowl – it’s gonna be OK!
- ‘Cause look at it, now!
- Enjoy some insane basketball fun!
Don’t miss anything! Follow me to keep up with the latest recipes, party ideas, crafts, and more:
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com