An Oreo Truffle Easter Egg Cupcake Idea! – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
This cupcake has an Oreo Cookie and Chocolate cracked Easter egg, with jelly beans spilling out of it! Here’s what I did to make this fun cupcake!
- Cupcakes with green icing
- Oreo Cookies – Vanilla or Chocolate
- Cream Cheese
- Wax Paper on a plate that will fit into your freezer
- Wilton Chocolate Melts – various colors – my base was white, and then 3 different colorful chocolates
- Yellow frosting
- Coconut Shavings
- Green Food Coloring
- Jelly Beans
Now, here’s what I did:
- Using a heavy duty mixer, I mixed about a dozen Oreo Cookies with 1 oz. of cream cheese until it formed a dough consistency
- Then I shaped a ball of dough into an egg shape – I made my egg the same size as one in my refrigerator. If you want both pieces of the egg to sit on top of your cupcake, make it much smaller than that
- I then pulled my egg apart in the middle
- I placed these Oreo Cookie pieces onto the wax paper and popped them into the freezer for about 5 minutes to set up
- I melted my white chocolate and dipped both pieces of the egg into the chocolate
- I used a fork to lift the egg pieces, and gently tapped the excess chocolate off
- I then set these pieces of egg on my wax paper and popped them in the freezer to get nice and cold
- While that was in the freezer, I melted my other colors of chocolate separately and grabbed a small paint brush
- I pulled my egg pieces out of the freezer and then, using the paint brush, I made little colorful circles out of the colorful chocolate
- Once that was done, I popped the egg back into the freezer again to let the rest of the chocolate set up
- I finished the egg off with a circle of yellow frosting in the middle of each one to represent the yolk
- I mixed the shaved coconut with green food coloring to make grass for the top of the cupcake, I sprinkled that onto the green frosted cupcake, and set my candy on top of that!
And, There you have it! Happy Easter!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – fun foods, party ideas, recipes, kid friendly crafts, and fun things to do with your whole family.