DIY Kid Friendly Finger Paints!
This is the coolest finger paint! It’s all made from just a few items that you probably already have! Items that won’t harm your children. I even used tear free soap in the off chance my kids rubbed it over their eyes! It’s easy to make, and the kids can participate in some of the cooking process. Yes, you cook during this project! It’s like a science experiment, and art all in one! Here’s the recipe for DIY Kid Friendly Finger Paints!
- 1 package of Knox Unflavored Gelatin
- 1/2 cup of corn starch
- 1 cup of ice cold water – divided
- 2 cups of hot water
- 1/2 cup of “no tears” kid’s shampoo!
- assorted colors of food coloring
Are you ready for some fun?!
- In a medium sized bowl, dissolve the corn starch in 3/4 cup of the cold water – mix well
- In a small bowl, add the remaining 1/4 cup of cold water and stir in the Knox Gelatin – stir quickly at first. It hardens fast. Then leave it to harden.
- Pour the hot water into the cornstarch mixture, and then transfer that mixture to a medium stove pot
- Place that onto the stove over medium heat. Stir Constantly. After about a minute of stirring, it will turn into a clear gel. So cool!
- Remove it from the heat, and add the hardened Knox Gelatin. Stir this in.
- Add the 1/2 cup of soap and stir this in.
- Allow this gel mixture to cool. This is your base for finger paints!
- Now, divide the gel mixture up into as many containers as you want. I used Mason Jars and filled 3 half-pint jars. I managed to get a little more into a fourth – for four fun colors!
- Squeeze just a drop of food colorant into the mixture (kids love to participate in this part). The color will be vibrant.
- That’s it! It’s a kid friendly finger paint that was so fun to make.
- Now, it’s equally as fun to use! Enjoy!
If you liked this recipe for DIY Kid Friendly Finger Paints! – don’t forget to follow along with me for more re cipes, crafts, DIY, Home & Garden, and party ideas!
~Melissa – Kidfriendlythingstodo.com