Using Egg Whites To Make Paint For Cookies – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
Here’s a fun technique to use when decorating cookies with the kids! Follow my tutorial on coloring egg whites to decorate cookies! Have a fun cookie decorating time at your birthday parties, and this holiday season!
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Non-Stick Baking Paper – Parchment Paper, or something similar
- Egg Whites – Divided – I divided 3 egg whites into 6 Dixie Cups
- Food Coloring
- Paint Brushes
Now, on to the fun!:
- Just place the dough, into individual cookie sizes onto a sheet of non-stick parchment paper (the parchment paper should already be placed onto the baking sheet)
- Roll the dough for each cookie cutter
- Place the cookie cutter down onto the dough to make your shape, pull the extra dough away from the outside of the cookie cutter, and lift the cutter up, and away
- When you’ve got the shapes you want, place them into the oven to bake for 8 minutes, or until the cookies are just a few minutes away from being done
- While those are baking, prepare your paints
- Color the egg whites that you have divided up into cups or bowls – LEAVE ONE EGG WHITE CLEAR
- Pull the almost baked cookies out of the oven out of the oven
- Using your clear egg white, brush each cookie with a coating of egg white -this provides a seal for the colored egg whites, so they won’t disappear into the cookie
- Using scissors, cut around each cookie so that each kids has a cookie with parchment paper underneath, and place each cookie onto plates for the kids to paint
- Let the kids use the different colored egg whites to paint their creations!
- Bake their finished cookies a few more minutes to cook the egg white, and finish baking the cookie
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – fun foods, recipes, crafts, party ideas, home & garden, and fun things to do with the whole family!