DIY Painted Barnyard Pumpkins! – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
Another cute idea from a fun fall outing! These pig, cow, and fowl pumpkins are so darn cute! They would be a perfect accompaniment to a fall party! Here are some close up pictures of these barnyard friends, and some tips on painting your own pumpkins!:
- A good place to start is applying a sealer to your clean pumpkin
- Acrylic Paint is a good paint to use when painting pumpkins, but you can try any kind. Permanent markers work, as well!
- Here is a link to a helpful site explaining the painting process. About.com
- These pumpkins have been painted white with clouds of black spots
- Black oval eyes are placed above the stem, with little white centers, and a black dot for detail
- Foam balls shapes have been quartered, and painted white on the outside with pink (they look kind of like a watermelon) They are attached to the pumpkin with a wooden dowel
- The pigs are also pumpkins on their sides
- Painted Pink with white ovals just above the stem. Black centers on the eyes, with white accents are used for detail
- This time the quartered foam ball is reversed with white in the center and pink on the outside
- The Quail is a gourd on it’s side with silver paint, 2 large white ovals for wings. Feathers look like they are thumb print, oval shapes colored burgundy or brown.
- Eyes are circles with blue eyelids and black centers
- Gourds, already bird-like shaped, are transformed into many birds with a little stroke of the brush to make wings and eyes!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com