Dr. Seuss Party Ideas – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
Posted by Melissa in Holidays, Birthdays & Celebration Ideas | 0 comments
It’s National Read Across America Day! March 3rd, the day after Dr. Seuss’ Birthday is the day the NEA strategically chose to celebrate reading! Dr. Seuss has been a favorite of ours, and I just happen to have some fun ideas to share with you!:
- Cat in the Hat – A favorite Dr. Seuss book! Here’s a cupcake in honor of that mischievous cat!
- This Paper Tube Craft can hold napkins, crayons, or anything else you can think of!
- Click here for the napkin holder tutorial
- Click here for crayon holder tutorial
- This game is a perfect game to celebrate reading! Wrap Dr. Seuss books, and play a Hot Potato “like” game with the wrapped books, all while the teacher reads out of a Dr. Seuss Book! At Christmas time you would use The Grinch Who Stole Christmas, and kids would pass books every time they here the word WHO. You could use another repetitive book, and choose the repeating word from that one as your Read Aloud Book! 🙂
- Here’s the tutorial
- Oh Boy…If you gave each child a Truffula Tree Balloon Hat…you would be a Rock Star!
- More Truffula Trees! I found these pinwheels at the Dollar Tree! I believe they came in a set of 3 for $1! The floral foam ring was also there to use as my grassy hill!
- “I Speak for the Trees!” These trees are Recycled Crayons on Sticks! Here’s my tutorial for this idea, and the tutorial for the little Lorax in the middle!
- Finally – here’s a poem I made up in honor of Dr. Seuss!
- Happy Birthday we say,
yes we say, say, SAY, SAY!
We are Splendifical, Grinchical, Whosical fans!
Of one incredible, magical, imaginable man!
We tip our hats,
Our Cat in the Hats.
We said it once, and we’ll say it once more.
You are one we rather adore!
Who’s birthday you say?
Is that what you say?
Care to take a fancy? Have a theory? A guess?
It’s Dr. Seuss’ birthday, of course, since you made me confess!
Happy birthday we say,
yes we say, say, SAY, SAY!~Melissa Haines