Our Visit To Notre Dame – Kid Friendly Things To Do .comPosted by Melissa in About Us, Our Crazy Days!, Random Thoughts | 0 comments
The zoo that we like in Indiana is very close to the Notre Dame campus. This was the third time we’ve gone to the zoo, with me saying – next time, I’m definitely driving into Notre Dame to get some pictures! Third times a charm, right?! I finally managed to squeeze in a short visit, and snapped some fun pictures of the beautiful campus buildings! Here are some of them!:
- The guy at check in, said the gold dome building was about 1&1/2 blocks away from the parking lot! I think it’s a little bit longer than that! Thank goodness for benches along the way – those saved me! Ella – not pictured above, who walked just fine at the zoo, suddenly couldn’t go any further! So much drama. I told her to rest on each bench, and walk when she could. Oy!
- The paths are beautiful. They are lined with trees, flower gardens, statues, and benches
- People were doing various activities, performing, interviewing, lounging on blankets, taking tours, etc.. I loved the atmosphere
- Before we arrived at our destination – the golden dome, I found this beauty! I have a thing for steeples, and this one is absolutely gorgeous!
- Everything is so Gothic in style – one of my favorite forms of architecture
- Ta Da! The golden dome! The kids look like ants on the steps!
- My inspirational – Dream Big, and go to a school like this speech started in about this time! 🙂
- I’m not sure who the statue is of at the top? Jesus? An angel? A saint?
- You just can’t help but appreciate this gorgeous building! The lanterns in front are even ornate!
- That’s Ella in the left corner! This is not the gold dome building, and I am pushing my limitations with my “super fun” history facts! We were looking at the symbols carved into the building, and guessing at what they stood for. I thought it was fun, my other 3 kids enjoyed seeing what we could find, but not Ella Bella!
- This is cool – A miniature statue of Joan of Arc! The other side of the door had an angel – I couldn’t make out his name?
- Another history lesson?! Yep!
- I spotted another cool steeple! Poor Ella 🙁
- This one has what appears to be crowns decorating the corners, and top with the date 1881
- Heading back – we found Jesus! and some guy being interviewed – Guessing a sports guy?! My husband would have known exactly who he was. I have no idea.
- Then…my phone died! That stinks for Ella, because now I have to go back, and get pictures of the cool dragon carvings on another building!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com