A Rustic Christmas Front Porch Welcome – Kid Friendly Things To Do .com
I once rescued this ladder from a girlfriend’s trash. It has moved to four different houses with us, and has been used as a beach towel dryer, and a magazine rack. Now, it’s a Rustic Christmas Welcome!
- I snagged some Muslim from my mom’s material room (my fabric store!)
- Back home, I didn’t really do any measuring – no time for that. With the ladder right in front of me, I just eyed the width of the ladder, and cut four pieces from the Muslim that would drape pretty evenly in the front and back
- I trimmed them if they needed it
- I got out my red paint, and red glitter
- I painted N…O…E…L on the four pieces of the Muslim, and shook glitter over the wet paint.
- Once the paint was dry, I draped the four pieces over four ladder rungs
- I put a wreath with a red bow at the very top with NOEL spelled out under it!
- Living near the Windy City, my Muslim started to flip around, and mornings I found NOL spelled out, or OEL…that’s when I hot glued red glass weights to the bottom of the material. It has spelled NOEL ever since!
- I added a light up reindeer and some greenery in a pot near the sign to complete my Rustic Entrance!
- Just a little idea for a fun decoration – you know, in case you like to rescue ladders, like I do!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Linking Up To: