An Ornament Craft For Kids – Christmas Wish List
Posted by Melissa in Christmas, Christmas, Craft, Craft, Crafts & Ideas for Home, Holidays, Birthdays & Celebration Ideas | 0 comments
This wooden spool became a cute wish list ornament on the tree with the addition of a few simple items!
- wooden dowels
- red paint and paint brush
- computer paper and scissors
- black Sharpie
- warm glue gun and sticks
- ribbon or yarn to hang the ornament from
- I found the wooden dowels in a package of 4 at Michael’s Craft Store.
- I painted the dowels red, and cut a sheet of computer paper into 4 long strips
- This is the scariest step…I gave the kids a sharpie!
- Then when their list was done, I glued the beginning of the list to the dowel with a hot glue gun
- I wrapped the list tightly around the dowel, and secured it with a rubber band. I did this to train the paper to curve around the dowel
- Then after a day or two, I took the rubber band off, and slipped a ribbon through the dowel to hang the lists on the tree!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com