The Easiest Way To Make Giant Holiday Ornaments
Eureka! By George I think I’ve got it! I saw the idea for giant ornaments made from chicken wire on…of course…Pinterest! I went out and bought myself a $5 roll of chicken wire, and some lights! I sat down and got to work, and found myself completely…frustrated. Ouch! Chicken wire edges hurt, and my chicken wire was not that easy to form. But, being the pain in the neck self that I am…I never give up on an idea. I asked my husband to get the white mini trash bags, some balls out of the garage, twist ties, and tape…STAT! I began to operate! Now, I present to you…the easiest Giant Holiday Ornament Light Balls for trees in your yard…EVVA!!!!!
The theme of this blog is fun and simple. That’s just what this is – fun and simple!
I’m so excited to show you…Let’s get on with it:
- You’ll need:
- a ball – if you have kids like I do, you probably have a zillion of these in your garage right now!
- white plastic bags – like small garbage sacks
- rubber bands
- twist ties
- perhaps some packaging tape
- First off, set the ball into the bag, squeeze out excess air, and use a rubber-band to close the bag around the top of the ball
- Cut off the excess bag from the top
- Then start wrapping with lights. Just for piece of mind, add a little tape to the wires to keep them in place
- That is it, my friend! Don’t you love me?!
- My five year old plugged them all into one big blob of ornaments! They look pretty!
- I just took this updated picture of the balls that I made 2 years ago. I have stored them in my garage for 2 summers, and they are still shining bright.
- Ta da! Enjoy! Merry Christmas, & Happy Holidays!
Here are my top Amazon Picks for these Giant Ornament Christmas Balls:
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Don’t forget to follow along with me and sign up for instant access to my crazy ideas!