Muffin Tin – Mini Tacos
These Muffin Tin Mini Tacos almost made there way to the Taste of Home Magazine. I got an email from one of the editors saying they were publishing it along with my Muffin Tin Pizzas. Pretty soon after that email, I received another saying there wasn’t enough room for both. So, I guess it’s up to me to share these yummy bites with you!
These muffin tin tacos are as easy as they are delicious! Perfect for game day or holiday appetizers…these little tacos are goo-ood to the last bite!
- 1 lb. of ground round
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 8 oz. package of shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese Mix
- Various taco toppings - shredded lettuce, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, etc...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease the muffin tins
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat brown the meat
- Drain the fat
- Add the taco seasoning, and water to the browned meat
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Remove from heat
- Open the crescent dough packages
- Separate the triangles of dough, and place each triangle in a separate muffin tin, pressing the dough together where needed
- Use a fork to poke some holes in the dough
- Pre-Bake the dough in the muffin tins for about 3-5 minutes - just until dough is firm, and puffing up
- Use the back of a spoon or a small ladle, to push the puffed up dough down, in the center, so you have room for the filling
- To each crescent dough muffin, add in this order: 2 T of browned taco meat, 1/2 T of sour cream, and about 1 T of shredded cheese
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted, and the dough is a golden color