Crescent Roll Hot Dog Lumberjack Fingers – A Halloween Fun Food
These bloody, and pus filled Lumberjack Fingers are grossly cool! I’m telling you…my kids couldn’t get enough of these disgustingly delicious fingers! I made them two more times over the weekend. I even fed the neighbor kids. They loved them!
I will admit, they wanted nothing to do with the pus filled ones. That’s only because it’s really horseradish sauce. That one was mine. Yum!
You’ll want to get yourself:
- Hot dogs
- Crescent Roll Dough – Such as Pillsbury
- Ketchup and Horseradish Sauce
- Unwrap the crescent dough, and use one triangle of dough to wrap each hot dog about 3/4 of the way up the dog
- Press to seal
- Set the wrapped dogs on a baking sheet. I used non stick foil to bake my hot dogs on
- Cut the tip of the hot dog like the image shown above, slicing a shelf out for the fingernail
- Using the baking temp. and time on the crescent roll package – bake the hot dogs. I baked mine at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes
- While they are baking get your fingernails ready, by slicing radishes into nice, thin pieces
- Cut each radish slice like the image shows you above. Cutting 3 edges off, leaving one big nasty looking fingernail in the middle
- Once the hot dogs are baked, and the dough has cooked through, remove them from the oven, and transfer to a serving tray or plates
- Add the nails, and ketchup or horse radish sauce! You can even give the kids more blood (ketchup) to dip their fingers into! I even think mustard could resemble something way disgusting. See how much fun these are?!
- You’re done! Happy Halloween!
Here’s some fun equipment you might need or even want for this fun idea!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com