Easiest Thanksgiving Craft Ever – A Paper Plate Cornucopia
I’m bringing this cute Thanksgiving Craft out of the archives, this morning with some updated pictures, and content. This is a great classroom Thanksgiving craft, or a cute decoration for your Thanksgiving table!
I love simple, fun, yet adorable crafts! That combination is not that easy to find, but this one fits the bill! Grab yourself some brown paper plates, some crinkle paper, and a stapler = Instant cornucopia! You gotta love those stress free crafting with the kids…crafts! Here’s some pictures on the how to:
- Brown paper plates – I found mine in the celebrate aisle – Target
- Optional: I found the following at Michael’s Craft Store
- Fruit, Vegetable and leaf stickers
- Crinkle Paper – Fall color – I used beige to match the plate
- Cupcake Toppers – Thanksgiving Themed
Now, on to the fun:
- If you are out at Target looking for the same plates – here’s what they look like at first glance! The back is a nice plain brown. I also saw some gold plates in the Christmas section – much more reasonable. They came in a set of 90…good to know for classroom parties, and gold would be very pretty!
- I, at first, used warm glue to seal the plates – bad idea! They kept popping open. Once I gave into seeing a staple across the top, it was so darn easy! The staple even blends in!
- You have to kind of curve the plate around in the center, curving one side under the other at the more pointed section – leaving a large opening on the other end
- Staple right in the center of your fold
- I stuffed my cornucopia with crinkle paper, and cupcake toppers
- You can turn this into a fun place setting, and an activity
- Give the kids fall stickers, let them cut out printables, or give them coloring sheets of fall items to color, cut and place in their cornucopias
- Or stuff it full of candy for a fun treat!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Linking up to: