Brownie Bird Nests For Easter or Spring Fun Foods
These Brownie Bird Nests are so much fun for spring. The kids absolutely loved them! I love that they are such a simple treat. They are a great dessert for feeding your friends and family this Easter. Come on in and I’ll show you how to make these fun and simple treats.
You won’t find a whole lot of brownie ideas on the blog. There’s a good reason for it. I have maybe 2, no make that 3 sweet tooth weaknesses. Usually, I have no problem saying no to ice cream, cake, cookies, etc. Put a slice of pie, a sliver of cheesecake or a brownie in front of me….I totally cave. These brownie nests are so cute, though. I couldn’t resist making them.
They are so simple, too. Cute and simple. You can’t go wrong with that!
Here’s the handy dandy printable and instructions:
- 1/3 cup of unsalted butter - melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 box of milk chocolate brownie mix
- Egg shaped chocolate covered candy - I found egg M&Ms to use on these brownie nests
- Cupcake liners -( I like to use silicone liners and I even go an extra step to grease mine with cooking spray. )
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Mix the brownie mix with the melted butter, egg and milk
- Line your muffin tins with liners
- Scoop the batter into cupcake liners until they are each about 1/2 way full
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Allow the brownies to cool
- Remove the liners
- Press the center down with your thumbs and fill with egg shaped candies
- This time of year, egg shaped candies are super easy to find and they come with just about any filling you can imagine. I used Milk chocolate M&Ms, but wouldn't caramel filled eggs be divine on a brownie?! Yum!
- *If all you have is a box of fudge brownies...You can substitute.Just use the recipe on the back of the box. It always works for me and still tastes really yummy!