My Secret Ingredient Guacamole Dip
My Sister-In-Law, once shared some of her Mexican heritage recipes with me. I have to say that Mexican is my absolute favorite food, so I soaked up all that she said. This is my favorite dish. What she shared with me changed the way I make guacamole. I went one step further and added a couple of power ingredients to her base. I think this is absolutely the tastiest guacamole dip I’ve ever had. No one has come close to this tasty dip!
I like to leave the dip very chunky. Big pieces of tomato, cilantro, and avocado make this a WOW dip!
You won’t find any lime juice to preserve the color, but you can certainly add a little if you have leftovers. I have never had leftovers, so it’s never been an issue! Are you ready?!
Never any mayonnaise, or garlic. They are not needed. I use a touch of sour cream, horseradish, and chunks of Roma tomatoes! Horseradish seals the deal! I get asked for this recipe all of the time! Here’s the recipe:
- 2 Roma Tomatoes - Drained of juice, and Coarsely chopped
- 4 Soft Avocados
- 2 Tbsp. Sour Cream
- 1 tsp. Prepared Fresh Grated Horseradish
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 handful of chopped Cilantro
- Cut your tomatoes in half, stand over the sink, and squeeze the tomato juice out of the tomato.
- Chop the tomato in to large pieces, and lay on a paper towel to dry
- Cut your avocados in half - Remove the avocado seed - spoon the avocado out of the shell
- In a large bowl, combine the dried tomato pieces, avocado, sour cream, horseradish, salt, and cilantro
- Use a fork to mash the avocado (leaving some chunks) and stir ingredients together
- Enjoy with tortilla chips.