I admit that I am not a huge dessert person. I don’t have a big sweet tooth like the rest of my family. My kids love of ice cream definitely comes from their dad. I can easily pass on a piece of cake. Doughnuts and muffins are another sweet treat that I can walk away from. Pie, though, now that is an altogether different experience for me. I especially love a pie that has delicious fruit inside. That’s why, when I saw this award winning strawberry pie, I was all in!
This is good stuff, I tell ya’
Here’s what you’ll need for this delicious pie:
You can use any ole’ crust you like. Buy one that’s already made and baked for you, make your famous pie crust recipe or use the one I did:
*To make this recipe even easier than the original, I used a pie crust recipe from Kid Friendly Things To Do for a NO ROLL crust that is absolutely out of this world, delicious! Here’s the link for the crust I used: Click Here The original pie crust recipe can be found by clicking the link inside the recipe card. That one uses rolled oats and pecans – Um…Yum!
Here’s some stuff that you might need or even want for this recipe:
Finally…Here’s the recipe for Fresh Strawberry Pie filling:
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jello powder
- 1 quart fresh strawberries - washed with stems and leaves cut off
- Bake the crust that you have prepared
- For the filling - Using a medium sauce pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and corn syrup
- Let that boil and thicken while stirring it occasionally. This will take about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and stir in the strawberry jello powder until dissolved
- Arrange the strawberries so they are pointing upward on top of the crust
- Pour the entire saucepan of gelatin mixture over the strawberries
- Place your pie into the fridge to cool for a couple of hours and enjoy!
- Adapted from an award winning pie at Taste of Home. Find the original recipe and the original crust that is made with pecans (yum!) by clicking the link provided on this recipe card