A DIY Monster Wreath Craft For a Halloween Decoration
This is so fun to see as you pull up to your house! It’s kid friendly, yet elegant – in a fun kind of way! I found a really fun fuzzy yarn in the material section of a department store and was inspired to come up with a fun Halloween Decoration. Here’s what I came up with and the how to on making this DIY Monster Wreath For Halloween :
Supplies, you’ll need:
- A Styrofoam Wreath – find them in most craft stores.
- Monster Fur Yarn – Yarn comes in all textures and colors, now! We used dark purple for a Halloween color
- Felt – White & lavender
- A large black button – we used a shiny, gem looking button
- Several google eyes
- Ribbon to hang the wreath
- Any other accessories you want to add to the scare factor. We used some sparkly spiders to crawl down the ribbon!
- Glue gun with glue sticks
My Recommended Amazon Picks:
Now, to get going:
- Wrap the wreath in the fur yarn. Tie the yarn in a knot to secure. You won’t see the knot, the fur will cover it up
- Cut a long section of your ribbon to hang the wreath from. Place the ribbon around the wreath, and even out the ends. Glue the ribbon to the wreath to secure it.
- Now, Add the white felt to the back of your wreath, glue to secure, and trim any edges that might show in the front. Flip the wreath back to the front.
- Cut a circle from the lavender felt, about 3 inches in diameter. Glue that to the center of the white
- Add your black button to the center of the lavender circle for the finishing touches of the big eyeball!
- Glue random google eyes to the fur
- Hang and Enjoy!