Can you make your mashed potatoes hours ahead, or a day ahead and expect delicious fluffy mashed potatoes? Yep, with this recipe, you sure can! Come on in and I’ll share it with you:
I’ll tell you right now, though…these are not a low calorie potato. This recipe has sour cream – yum! It also has cream cheese whipped into it – um, yum again! Did I lose you on that info? I hope not. Everything in moderation, right? It’s the holidays! We can splurge!
Are you still with me? I hope so! You’re gonna love this addition to your holiday table! Here’s the recipe for you:
- 8 -10 Russet potatoes - peeled, cubed and boiled until tender
- 8 oz. of cream cheese
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter - certainly add more if you like it buttery - 🙂 Up to 1 whole stick - total
- 1 tsp. of garlic salt
- Mash the potatoes, and add everything else
- Place in a baking dish - I used an 8x10 rectangle dish
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- This can be made ahead, covered and refrigerated before baking. Let warm up to room temperature before baking.
My top Amazon Picks for this recipe:
You’ll definitely want to sign up for access to the latest and the greatest!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do