Caramel Filled Baked Apple With Crescent Crust
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 Granny Smith Apples – cored
- 1 package of buttery flake Pillsbury Crescent Roll dough
- Caramel ice cream topping – 14 0z.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using a sharp knife or an apple corer hollow the apple enough to give it a cavity for plenty of caramel sauce, but still leaving enough apple flesh to enjoy with the caramel
- Unroll the crescent dough and use 2 triangles to completely cover the outside of the apple – pushing the pieces of dough together and pressing them firmly against the apple until they hold
- Place the apples on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 – 25 minutes – just until the dough is cooked through and golden
- The apple will be soft but still crisp
- Remove from the oven and fill the middle with caramel sauce – It’s optional to heat the caramel sauce, before filling the apple
- Serve Immediately while it’s still warm. Enjoy
- *Be sure to check on the apples after they have baked for a few minutes. Due to the wax coating of some apples the crescent dough might slip down a bit. This has only happened once in my years of making these apples. All I did to fix it was to flip the apple upside down and press the dough back around the apple. I continued to bake the apple until it was golden and the dough was baked. Problem solved.