Cincinnati Chili is a delicious chili served over spaghetti noodles and loaded with your favorite chili toppings. I think Cincinnati Chili is perfect for game day and cold winter nights. Come on in and I’ll share this delicious recipe with you…
What a wonderful spin on chili, with a delicious flavor. You’ll never guess that chocolate is one of the ingredients to this sweet, and spicy dish.
This chili has another fun twist. It is served over spaghetti noodles.
Load the noodles up with the chili, and your favorite chili toppings. What a fun game-day dinner.
What is Cincinnati Chili?
- Cincinnati Chili is a thick chili made with sweet and spicy ingredients, such as chocolate and chili powder. It is usually served over spaghetti noodles and loaded with chili topping or used over hot dogs for chili dogs. There are no kidney beans in the chili, but there are mushrooms and beef.
What are the best toppings for Cincinnati Chili?
- sour cream, shredded cheese, chives, black olives, shredded lettuce, chopped green pepper, and kidney beans
How Do You Make Cincinnati Chili?
- In a large pot, cook meat, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, and onions until the meat is no longer pink and the onions are translucent
- Add tomato sauce, broth, chocolate, vinegar, and spices
- Bring to a boil, and then turn down the heat to a simmer
- Simmer for 2 hours with the lid on
- Serve over spaghetti noodles with chili toppings or over hot dogs for chili dogs
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this delicious meat chili recipe…
Here’s the recipe for this delicious chili…
Cincinnati Style Chili
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground sirloin beef or ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet onions finely chopped
- 1 8 oz. sliced mushrooms – drained
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp ground Cayenne pepper
- 1 1 lb. package of spaghetti noodles
Optional chili toppings
- 2 15 oz. red kidney beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chives – chopped
- onion – chopped
- green pepper – chopped
- In a dutch oven, cook the turkey meat along with the onions, garlic, mushrooms, and carrots, until the meat is no longer pink
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, chocolate, and seasonings. Pour that over the turkey mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, for a couple of hours
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Serve the chili over a bowl of spaghetti, and top with your favorite chili toppings
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com