Who says a non-candy Halloween treat can’t be fun? This is an adorable Pumpkin Fruit Cup idea for a Healthy Kids Fall, Thanksgiving, or Halloween Treat. Easy to make and so much fun.
Pumpkin Fruit Cup
I used cantaloupe because, well…it’s orange, it’s really inexpensive right now ($.99 each), and my kids absolutely love the stuff! You could use oranges, mangos, or even carrots to fill the cups.
What can you use to fill Pumpkin Fruit Cups?
- orange slices
- vegetable options include:
- baby carrots
- orange pepper
- sweet potato fries
Are you ready to make these fun fruit or vegetable cups?
Here’s what you’ll need for this fun snack:
Pumpkin Patch Fruit Cups:
- Clear cups – Try to find the squatty cups – 9 oz.
- Green straws – of course, because the fruit will get the straw wet…plastic would be the best choice, but I found these adorable polka dot paper straws which trumped all logic
- Green pipe cleaner
- Pencil or pen
- Cubed cantaloupe, orange slices, mango slices, or other orange fruit – (or vegetable)
- optional: black Sharpie
Pumpkin Pie Milkshake
Here are some of my top picks for this pumpkin fruit cup idea:
Fun Pumpkin Fruit Cups
- 9 oz. clear cups
- green straws plastic is the best choice when adding fruit will get paper soggy, but paper works well with vegetables
- green pipe cleaner
- pen or pencil
- black Sharpie optional
- 2 whole cantaloupes cubed. You can also add orange slices, mango, and/or any other orange fruit
- Fill the cups with orange fruits or vegetables
- Insert the straw into the middle – trim the top to wherever you think looks good
- Wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil, slide it off – instant curly cuteness!
- Wrap that around the straw
- Draw Jack-O-Lantern faces on the cups
- Fill with orange fruit
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Hey…don’t forget to sign up for future access to fun food ideas, party ideas, crafts, and easy family recipes. I hope to see you again, real soon.