This is an old family recipe that I have been holding onto, until Super Bowl Season. I think this is the most perfect meal for game day. If I had a restaurant…this would be a feature sandwich. It’s that good! Come on in and I’ll share this delicious recipe for Mom’s Recipe for Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
Oh…and how cool is this?…You dump 4 ingredients into a Crock Pot, and leave it alone for the day. It doesn’t get much easier than that!
This is a standard meal when we have company. It just doesn’t get much easier than this.
This is a great meal for the busiest nights, holidays and of course it’s the perfect sandwich for game day.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for these Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches…
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Prep Time: 10
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- Rump Roast – about 3 lbs.
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. of Italian Seasoning
- 1 Jar of sliced Peperoncini
- Place the roast in the slow cooker
- Pour the chicken broth, and 1/2 cup of juice from the jar of Peperoncini over the roast
- Sprinkle the seasoning over the roast, and into the juices
- Add about 1/2 cup of the sliced Peperoncini to the juices, and all over the roast
- Set the crock pot to high, and leave for about 5 hours, or until tender
- Test with a fork to see if the roast easily pulls apart – if it’s not quite pulling apart, reach down into the slow cooker with a fork and knife, and cut into small pieces so the juices can soak into the meat (this will also help cook the meat a little faster).
- If it pulls apart with a fork, then start pulling it apart into smaller chunks to allow the juices to soak in
- Let it cook for about an hour longer allowing the roast to saturate with juices, and herbs
- It should be pretty tender by now, pull it apart again with a fork leaving tender strips of meat in the juices
- Keep the crock pot on warm
- Serve with delicious bakery rolls, the sliced Peperoncini, and juice from the crock pot