Making A Chocolate & Peppermint Turkey Spoon For Hot Cocoa or Coffee
This chocolate turkey spoon would make a great addition to your coffee or hot cocoa bar this Thanksgiving! He would also be a great addition to a classroom party – if you are allowed candy. Here’s what I did to make this cute turkey:
- Plastic spoons
- Wilton Dark Chocolate Melts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Wilton’s Black Pearl Sprinkles
- Candy Corn
- Mini Candy Canes – if you can get all red, that would be great!
- Wax Paper
Now, on to the fun part!
- Melt the chocolate in a large microwave proof bowl. I usually put mine in for 1 minute, stir, add 30 more seconds, and stir.
- Put some wax paper on a plate that will fit into your freezer
- Dip a spoon into the chocolate, and lay it down on the plate with wax paper
- Decorate the spoon with candy corn feathers behind it. Just tuck them in place
- Add mini marshmallows for eyes, and use a toothpick to dot a little chocolate in the center of each marshmallow – add the black pearl to the wet chocolate
- Use a candy corn for the beak
- Break off the curve of a mini candy cane, and add it to the beak for a waddle
- Repeat for more spoons!
- Pop them in the freezer to set up, for about 5 minutes
- You can bag these in lollipop bags with twist ties for your party!
- Happy Thanksgiving!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com
Linking Up To: