It’s almost summer, right?! We just had snow last week, so it’s hard to tell. The calendar is definitely saying it’s time to warm up and think of summer ideas. In warm weather, I love to visit the water, beaches, and anything that pertains to them. I thought it would be fun to make a super easy, refreshing dessert that looks like a beach in summer. It even has sand (pretend, of course) at the bottom! Come on in, and I’ll show you how to make this fun “Under the Sea” or “Finding Dory” dessert with only 3 ingredients!
Mini Ice Cream Beaches:
Here’s some stuff you might need or even want for this fun food:
Depending on the size of the cups you use, this should make 4+ beaches
- Clear plastic cups – These are 5 oz.
- Graham crackers
- Blue ice cream – I found this easily – This is a birthday cake ice cream with fun sprinkles inside
- Little umbrella decorations
- Gummy fish
- Crush your graham crackers – you can place them in a zip-tight bag and mash them with whatever you have on hand. Rolling pins are great for this
- Pour some sand (crushed graham crackers) into the bottom of each cup
- Add blue ice cream
- Shake out some more sand over half of the ice cream
- Add the fish and an umbrella!
- You are done, my friend! Don’t you love the simple stuff?
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com