I was thinking that if you turn a red jello snack upside down, it might make a cut patriotic Uncle Sam Hat. I think it turned out kind of cute. These are so simple to make. I just drew the stripes on. Once I got through my first practice one, the rest were a cinch to make. These are the perfect summer treat for your picnics and parties! Here’s the how to:
Here’s what you’ll need for your Uncle Sam Jello Snack Hats:
- Red Jello Snacks – I used the Jell-O brand. I liked the shape for hats
- navy blue paint pen
- white paint pen
- star stickers – I found all of my craft supplies at Walmart in one handy aisle! Love that convenience.
Now, onto the fun!
- The snacks give a great guide to go by. Can you see when I flip it upside down, there is a blank area with no Jello? Use that as your blue space
- Fill that section in with blue, all the way around the hat
- Use the white paint pen to add vertical stripes
- It doesn’t matter what order you do it in
- Add your stickers to the navy blue stripe
- You are done, my friend!
Here’s some stuff you might need or even want for this fun food:
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’][/author_image] [author_info]Hi! I’m Melissa, a stay at home mom to 4 cute little rugrats, a Volunteer Field Editor for “Taste of Home” Magazine where I review and create recipes, and a former elementary school teacher. Simple is my motto, because…who has time for complicated? This is where I love to share Simple Recipe Creations, Crafts, & Fun Foods for Holidays and Special Occasions. Please browse around, and join me for some fun ideas, and yummy food! Then stick around to sign up for my free newsletter. I’ll send new ideas and recipes straight to your inbox. Don ‘t worry…I’ll never share your information. I can’t wait to see more of you! Warm Regards, ~Melissa[/author_info] [/author]
Come join the party!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com