Oreo Cookie Frogs are a fun summer treat that is easy to make with the kids. Make these for your summer party or for a fun snack. With only 4 ingredients, these cute cookies are easy to make. Come on in and I’ll share how you can make these cookie frogs…
Oreo Cookie Frogs
I love simple treats. When you are ready to have some kitchen fun with the kids, easy treats are always the best way to go.
I made these treats with chocolate melts used as the glue to hold parts together. The melted chocolate hardens to form a nice secure hold between the cookie and the other moving parts.
If you don’t want to mess with melting chocolate, you could easily substitute frosting or peanut butter. I don’t think the hold would be as good as chocolate would be, but it should work well enough.
Are you looking for fun and easy summer treat for the kids?
Can I Make Oreo Cookie Frogs Ahead of Time?
- Yes. These Oreo Cookie Frogs can be made up to 1 week in advance. Store Cookie Frogs at room temperature in an airtight container
How Long will Oreo Cookie Frogs Last?
- Oreo Cookie Frogs should be stored at room temperature in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks
How Do I Melt Chocolate Melts?
- Microwave method – Chocolate melts can be placed in a microwave proof glass bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. If needed, add the chocolate for 30 more seconds.
- Wilton Melting Pot method – This will take the longest time to melt the chocolate. Simply place chocolate melts into the pot and turn it on to melt the candy. Stir occasionally until smooth
- Double Boiler method – Place an oven proof bowl (wider than the saucepan) over a saucepan. The bowl should not directly touch the water. Allow space between water and bowl, so the chocolate is not over direct heat. Simmer water in the saucepan. Constantly stir chocolate until it is smooth
Oreo Cookie Frogs (Easy & Fun!) | Kid Friendly Things To Do
Make fun Oreo Cookie Frogs for a summer treat or party food.
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- On wax paper place set up your pretzels so they are touching with the curved sections pointing out making a V shape between the two pretzels – refer to picture above
- Spread some chocolate onto the bottom of the cookie
- Press the cookie onto the pretzels – in the spot where they are touching
- Using a toothpick, dab some melted chocolate onto 2 matching M&Ms
- Press the M&Ms onto the top/front of the Oreo Cookie
- For an added touch, you can pull the top of the Oreo Cookie up a little so the mouth is open wide
Substitutions for melted chocolate:
- peanut butter
- place in an airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks