Use this Monster’s University Party Cupcake Idea at your next birthday party. Easy to make and so much fun for the kids…
Monsters University Cupcake Idea
In the summertime, I love to take the kids to drive-in movies. It’s a fun way to experience a movie, and having so many kids… really saves us money. Drive-Ins are a little piece of the good ole’ days. The big screen in the sky is making a comeback, and we are on board. Last night, we were lucky enough to see Monsters University. In honor of our fun summertime movie adventure, I made these really simple Monsters University cupcakes.
Are you looking for fun Birthday Party Treat Ideas? Try…
Pressed for time, my thought was…”keep it simple!” So, when I saw the Monsters University Logo was a letter M with an eyeball, I was all over it. I think these would be so fun at a Monsters University birthday party. They only require a few items. I’ll walk you through what I did to make these cute cupcakes
- Cupcakes frosted with monster green frosting – If you look in the baking aisle, you’ll find neon gel food coloring! The green neon mixed with vanilla makes a great Monster Green! Or, just use a tiny bit of primary green with white to get a Monster Green
- A letter M mold – I used a Jello Jiggler “M”. If you can’t find that, try the play-dough section for letter molds, or cookie cutters
- Blue Sugar Crystals
- Mini Marshmallows – ones that are a little stale work perfectly! Leave some out in the open air (overnight) to harden up a little bit. Trust me! It’s far less sticky!
- Mini blue M&Ms
- Wax Paper
- Rolling Pin
Now, on to the Monster Fun!:
- Using the letter “M” mold, place it on the center of your green frosted cupcake, and shake the blue sugar inside the mold
- Lift the “M” mold off of the cupcake, and do the same with the rest of your cupcakes!
- Now, place a mini marshmallow between 2 sheets of wax paper, and roll it flat
- Using scissors, cut each mini marshmallow (one for each cupcake), into eye shapes – like the picture above
- Place those into the center portion of the blue sugar M’s
- Add a blue mini M&M to the center of the white eye gluing it down with your extra green frosting!
- That’s it!
- Enjoy your Monsters University Party
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com