Today, I’d like to share a fun spring, summer or Easter idea that I made last week. I made these fun mini Bunny Pizzas for an after school treat for my kids. My youngest daughter who is obsessed with bunnies was over the moon excited. What a fun way to end your school day. Come on in, and I’ll share how I made these cute little pizzas for the kids.
The kids could easily decorate these mini pizzas with you. They’ll probably come up with something way better than my version. Their creative minds never cease to amaze me. Whether you’re making it or your enjoying it for a snack, it doesn’t get much easier than this!
Here’s What You’ll Need For Each of These Bunny Pizzas:
- English muffins – I used original
- Pizza sauce – I actually used traditional pasta sauce, because that’s what I had on hand. If you have a jar of pizza sauce…even better!
- Mozzarella shredded cheese – about 1/4 cup – adjust to your preference
- 2 black olive pearls – sliced olives
- 1 piece of sliced pepperoni
- 1 stick of string cheese – mozzarella
- 1 bread stick – I used one that I found in my freezer section at Walmart
- Spread some pizza sauce onto the english muffin. The amount of sauce is always your preference, but I used a couple of Tbsp.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the sauce
- add 2 sliced olives for eyes
- cut the piece of pepperoni into 1/4 pieces and position a piece for the nose
- Bake the breadstick according to the package directions
- Bake the pizza at 425 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is turning a little golden on the ends
- In hindsight – I could have probably thrown both the breadstick and the pizzas in at the same time. It would be a nice time saver, but you’ll have to keep an eye on your breadstick so it doesn’t burn. Burnt bunny ears won’t be too fun
- When the breadstick and pizza is done, slice the breadstick in half
- Grab a plate and place the pizza in the middle, add the halved breadsticks for your bunny ears
- pull some pieces of mozzarella off of the string cheese to make whiskers and serve
- Enjoy! Happy Easter