Juicy shrimp and pasta with a hint of lemon make this Easy Shrimp Scampi a big hit at the dinner table. It’s easy to make and with very little butter in the recipe, it’s pretty healthy too. Come on in and I’ll share the recipe with you…
Easy Shrimp Scampi
This delicious lemon shrimp scampi was devoured by my family. I think that means, I’ll be making this again. I’m happy to oblige. It’s so easy to make, and with only a smidgen of butter, it’s pretty healthy.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this recipe…
How do you make Shrimp Scampi?
- Cook pasta according to package directions and drain
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil
- Add shrimp, garlic, and green onions
- Cook until shrimp turns pink
- Add chicken broth
- Add lemon, lemon zest, and spices
- Cook for about 1 minute
- Add pasta to shrimp and broth
- Let the pasta soak up the juices for a bit
- Serve with more red pepper flakes, parsley, and bread
What vegetables go well with Shrimp Scampi?
- peas, asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, or corn
Here’s the recipe for you…Print
Light and Easy Lemon Shrimp Scampi
Delicious, and easy Shrimp Scampi
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb. of uncooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. of angel hair pasta
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 green onions – sliced thin
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup of hot water
- 1 fresh lemon
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- (optional) 1/4 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions
- In a large nonstick skillet, over medium/high heat – heat the butter, and oil until melted
- Add the shrimp, onions, and the garlic powder
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp has turned pink
- Add the chicken broth
- Grate the skin of the lemon over the broth and shrimp mixture
- Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon into the broth
- Add the pepper and salt, and optional pepper flakes
- Cook for about 1 minute longer
- Drain the pasta, and place in a large bowl
- Add the shrimp mixture, and stir in
- Let the pasta soak up some of the juices for a minute or two
- Serve & Enjoy!
Any leftover shrimp scampi can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
This recipe was a recipe that I reviewed for Taste of Home this month. Find the original and more right here!
This Post Has 2 Comments
My kid loved it ! So easy and simple !
You made my day! I’m so happy they loved it! It’s one of my favorites. 😋 Thank you for coming back to rate it and let me know how it turned out. Have a wonderful day!