This is a super simple cupcake topper for St. Patrick’s Day. And, it’s Easy Peasy! Here are your step by step instructions!:
You’ll Need: For each one
- A Marshmallow – I used a jumbo campfire marshmallow, but you can use a normal sized one
- Dark Chocolate Wilton Chocolate Melts – I did see black ones last time I was there. Wishing I had those for this pot-o-gold!
- Gold Sprinkles
- Pull and Peel Licorice – Green Apple
- Cupcakes ready with frosting
Now, on to the cupcake:
- Using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut out a little bit on top of your marshmallow – Like your scooping the middle out.
- Melt the chocolates according to the package directions
- Holding the top and bottom of the marshmallow with your fingers, roll the marshmallow in the chocolate
- Set down on waxed paper and place in the freezer to speed up drying time
- Once chocolate is ready to handle, (this only takes a minute or two) dip the top of the marshmallow into the melted chocolate
- Set marshmallow onto your cupcake
- Using a little melted chocolate as glue, glue a green licorice handle onto your pot
- Fill the top with gold sprinkles
- You’re done!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – fun foods, party ideas, kid friendly crafts, recipes, and fun ideas for the whole family!