Make Christmas extra special this year with Christmas Tree Shaped Brownies. Easy to make, green, and decorated with M&Ms and frosting, these delicious Blonde Brownies are the perfect holiday treat. Come on in and I’ll share this easy recipe for My Christmas Brownies…
Christmas Tree Shaped Brownies…
I love making fun foods for Christmas and I really love sharing them with you. Some of my favorite holiday fun foods that you might enjoy checking out are my recipes for a Vegetable Christmas Tree Snack which is a fun Christmas snack and healthy for the kids to eat. Of course, they are not all as healthy, but this Chocolate Covered Pretzel Christmas Tree snack is just as much fun. These Santa Hat Rice Krispies Treats are adorable and so delicious.
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts. They are so hard to resist. These Blonde Brownies are no exception. Between the kids and I, they didn’t last two days.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for these Brownies…
Christmas Tree Shaped Brownies
- In place of a squeeze tube of freen icing use a piping bag with a writing tip attached
- large mixing bowl
- Non stick aluminum foil
- 2 (9 inch) round pie pan
- Serrated bread knife
- 2 cups flour all-purpose
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted – cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2&1/2 tsp. liquid green food coloring more – if needed
- 2 cups milk chocolate M&Ms
- 1 2 oz. green icing in a squeeze tube – or use a piping bag with a writing tip attached filled with green frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl, Mix the flour, sugar and baking powder
- Mix the butter, eggs and food coloring
- To the center of the dry mixture – Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and green food coloring
- Add half of the M&Ms – reserving the rest for decoration
- Do not mix until all of the wet are added in
- Mix the wet ingredients together, pulling the dry ingredients into the wet after the wet ingredients have had a chance to turn red from the food coloring
- The mixture will be like a play dough consistency
- Line pie plates with foil – non-stick side facing up
- Dividing the mixture between both pie plates…
- Pour the mixture into the pie pan and press it out to even it out at the top
- Add more M&Ms to the top of the brownie – still reserving some for decoration
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- When are they done?
- These brownies are thick, so they take a bit longer to bake. Once you start to smell the aroma of your brownies, check on them. A toothpick inserted into the middle should come out mostly clean. What I mean by that is; you shouldn’t have a wet batter on the toothpick. You will probably find cooked batter will adhere to the toothpick and that’s ok
- Let the brownies cool completely – about 30 minutes
- Pull the aluminum foil up and out of the pie pan
- Push the aluminum foil down away from the brownies
- Slice each brownie into 8-10 slices – like a pizza
- Make a zig-zag pattern with the green frosting and add more M&Ms to fill in blank spaces
- Cover and store leftover brownies at room temperature up to one week.