If you are looking for a Christmas or Holiday keepsake craft, you have found it! These would make such great gifts to give out. That is, if you can part with them!
I once made these for a whole kindergarten class. They are a great idea for a room parent activity! Not, my original idea. I have to give the credit to my kids wonderful nursery school teachers! Anyway, Enjoy! 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need: (for each one)
Popsicle sticks – 8
Elmers Glue – ***Not the school. Get the strong hold
Rope, string, or a chenile strip to use as the handle
Paint – Spray paint is a great shortcut
A Picture of your little one all bundled up, and posed to look like they are on a sled.
***I think the nursery school teachers have the kids pose on the table to get a flat surface under them.
Instructions: (For the blue straight-edge sled):
- Lay out a piece of wax paper for the sleds to dry on
- Start by pouring some Elmers glue in a tray
- Dip the skinny edge of the popsicle stick in the glue
- With glue between edges, place 5 sticks side by side to create the seat of your sled.
- Now, for the cross bar. Lay a popsicle stick across the seat of your sled, about an inch down.
- Once the sled has dried, turn it over and glue the runners to the bottom.
- Paint your sled – Add glitter while the paint is wet
- Glue the ends of your rope to the bottom of the sled. – This is your handle.
- Cut out the image of your child from your photograph, leaving a little bit extra photo paper beneath them.
Bend this extra photo paper backwards, and use that as the piece to glue to your sled.
- I drew a line with a black marker on the bend to give you a better visual.
Now, that is a great Keepsake!
Instructions for the red shaped sled, are all the same as above, except:
- You should stagger the pieces for the seat as the photograph shows.
- & The handle looks nice glued to the top of the cross bar.
Room Parents & Teachers!
- This is a wonderful gift to give to loved ones – a great keepsake for kids to hand out at the classroom party.
- If your planning these for the party you will need to:
- Make the sleds yourself in advance.
- Go into the class about a week or two in advance.
- Take a picture of kids in their hat, coat, and mittens! (using the instructions above)
- You can have the sleds made ahead of time, and if the teacher allows you to, you could have the kids paint their sleds. **A better idea is to have them painted already, and let kids sprinkle glitter, or just label them with their name and date.
- Back at home, you glue cut out picture to sleds, and wrap the presents for each kid to present to their loved ones!
KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – Providing fun activities, recipes, ideas, and crafts to do with kids!