A Toilet Paper Tube Smurf Craft and a Toilet Paper Tube Smurfette Craft. Perfect for your Smurf-loving kids or birthday party…
Smurf and Smurfette Craft
Thank goodness the Smurfs 2 movie came around during our very, rainy, summer week. We followed up our fun movie experience with a trip to Michael’s craft store. And, this is what we came up with for a Smurf, and Smurfette craft. If you plan on having a Smurf birthday party or would like to make a smurf craft with the kids, read on… I’ll tell you what I did to make these cute dolls that my 6-year-old daughter has completely taken over!
- Blue tubes – I bought these great pre-painted toilet paper tubes. Creatology is the company that makes them. I figured that by the time I bought the blue spray paint…I would have just as much money invested. I took the easy way out!
- nice CLEAN white socks for my hat idea. I found that size 4-6 fancy girl socks work well for the size I needed – I got them at the Dollar Tree
- Cotton balls to stuff the socks/hats
- A warm glue gun and glue sticks
- Giant google eyes
- Blue foam sheets
- Sharp scissors for the adult!
- Blue pom-poms for the nose – small
- Yellow felt for the Smurfette hair – cut a U shape for her hair, and another oblong U for her bangs
- Black elastic beading chord for eyelashes – cut 6 small pieces (3 for each of Smurfette’s eyes)
- A black sharpie for the eyebrows and mouths
- A little read heart for Smurfette’s tongue
- The hat is just a little sock stuffed with cotton balls!
- When you get the sock on the tube as your hat, fold it over and secure it with the glue
- Assemble the eyes by:
- cutting a blue circle from the blue foam sheet – a little larger than the black pupil, and smaller than the whites of the eye.
- Turn the eye over, and cut a slit in the backs of the google eyes – insert the blue circle behind the black pupil
- Use a sharpie to draw the mouths and eyebrows
- Use the black pieces of cording to give Smurfette eyelashes
Assemble like the picture shown! Enjoy!
~Melissa – www.KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – crafts, fun foods, recipes, party ideas, and fun ideas for your whole family!