These mini chenille baskets are great ornaments for the Easter tree and a cute spring craft. Easy to make.
Mini Chenille Easter Basket Craft
For each basket:
A kitchen funnel
2 chenille strips
Mini Craft Pom-Poms
Now, here’s how you make them:
**Note – this might prove frustrating for little hands to move the chenille strip around the funnel in a certain direction. Younger children may need extra hands on guidance from you.
- Place your funnel upside down
- Starting at the point where the stem meets the funnel, start wrapping your chenille strip around, going down the funnel with each layer.
- Take the chenille strip off of the funnel.
- At the narrow end of the chenille basket, use your hands to close the hole in.
- With your second chenille strip, cut about a 2&1/2 inch piece.
- Use this as your handle for your basket, securing it on two sides of the opening to your basket with glue.
- Add pom-poms for Easter Eggs!