These Pipe Cleaner Carrots are so simple, and cute. What a fun Spring or Easter project.
Pipe Cleaner Carrots
Orange Chenille Strip
Green Raffia – If you can’t find green – you can dye the natural raffia green.
Making the Carrots:
- Take your sharpened pencil and hold it in your hands.
- With one hand, starting a couple of inches from the sharpened end of the pencil, begin wrapping the chenille strip around the pencil.
- As you get down to the end, wrap the end around the pointed tip of the pencil – this give the end of the carrot a pointed carrot look.
- Cut a 2 inch piece of raffia, and make a few slits in the top to make strips that will hangover.
- Glue the intact end of raffia inside the top of the carrot