Such a simple craft that will pack such a big punch of fun for the kids! Poppers have been in my line of vision this whole holiday season. From Target handing out poppers to us poor souls waiting in the Thanksgiving night line (yep…I was one of those people), to the beautiful Nutcrackers Poppers that I saw at Marshalls. They are calling out to me this year. Yesterday, I took the kids to the library and grabbed a few craft books, and there they were – poppers! Needless to say, I felt a little compelled to make some poppers.
I don’t know why I haven’t done these in years past! They are so simple, and the kids are so excited to know more candy awaits them. Here’s what I did to make these fun poppers for our New Years Eve at home with the kid’s celebration. Wow..that’s a mouthful. 🙂
- Cardboard tubes – Either the pre-painted ones from the craft store or just your standard toilet paper tube
- Tissue paper
- Hot Glue, clear tape, and whatever you have to secure the decorations
- Confetti, candy, tiny toys, and other surprises!
Now, on to the craft:
- I folded the sheet of tissue paper in half and centered my tube
- Then I pulled my tube down to one end of the tissue paper and rolled the tissue paper up and around the tube as many times as I could until I got to the other side
- I secured the tissue paper with a piece of scotch tape
- Then, I tied a ribbon around one end of the rolled-up tissue paper
- This is when you fill the popper, drop confetti, candy, and other surprises into the cardboard tube
- Take another ribbon and secure the other side of tissue paper
- Decorate with whatever strikes your fancy and you have available!
- When you are ready to celebrate, hand them to the kids or kids at heart, and let them pull the poppers apart. It’s like a mini pinata in your hands! Enjoy!
~ Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com