Having a mom as a blogger, especially a food blogger, can be so rewarding for kids, and at the same time so much torture! I made these Rice Krispies Treats Ghosts last weekend when the kids had some neighborhood friends over. I let them each design their own ghosts! The kids each made a ghost unique to their personality. They had such a fun time, and they couldn’t wait to dig in to their creations. But, here’s the torture part…they were forbidden to eat them until I had at least a dozen pictures of their designs to show you! Torture! I tell ya’ Torture!
For Rice Krispies Ghosts, You’ll Need:
(This recipe should yield 8-10 ghosts)
- 3 Tbsp. of butter
- 1 (10 oz.) bag of marshmallows, or 4 cups of mini marshmallows, such as Kraft Jet Puffed
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal
- Candy eyes
- 1/4 cup measuring cup
- Wax paper
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter
- Add your marshmallows, and stir until the marshmallows are melted
- Add the cereal, and stir until your arm feels like it’s gonna fall off!
- Let that cool, just a smidgen – enough so that it’s cool to touch for molding
- If your working with kids, hand out placemats or individual sheets of wax paper
- If it’s just yourself, you’ll need some wax paper to place the ghosts on
- Use the measuring cup to scoop out 1/4 cup of cereal, and mold the ghost to any ghostly shape you desire
- Add the candy eyes by pushing them into place
- The position of the eyes, and how far you push them in really change the look of the ghosts
- You can create a mouth just by pushing a spoon, or thumb into the ghosts to make an indentation. Have fun with it, and see what you get!
- Happy Halloween Everyone!
Here’s some equipment that you might need or even want for this fun food!