This jello popcorn is one of those addictive, delicious, can’t stop eating it, get it away from me, kind of snacks. It’s such and easy snack to transform into the perfect Red, White and Blue Snack for your Patriotic Fun. Come on in and I’ll share my easy “how to” on this yummy treat with you…
Last week, my good friend brought heaps of this jello popcorn in three different brown paper bags to the drive in movie. It’s funny, the camping chairs almost immediately formed a perfect semi-circle right around the bags of popcorn! Yes, my chair was one of them! The fun thing is you can color it any shade of jello. Modify it for all of your different holidays, and occasions.
This time I made it into a Red, White and Blue Snack…
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- FOR EACH INDIVIDUAL COLOR OF JELLO…
- 8 cups of popped popcorn
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 3 T of corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 small package of jello – this time we will use, 1 blue and 1 red – for patriotic purposes
- REPEAT THIS PROCESS for each color
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a saucepan, over medium heat…melt the butter, add corn syrup, and brown sugar. Mix together
- Add the jello and stir in. Bring to a boil, then turn the heat down to a simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally
- Spread the popcorn out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper – or – a greased baking sheet
- Pour the one of you packages of jello mixture over the popcorn and spread around to coat the popcorn that didn’t get some yummy jello mixture
- Pop this into the oven for about 10-15 minutes
- Let cool
- You can change this to go with any holiday or celebration just by changing the colors.
- *For patriotic purposes, I also added plain white popcorn into the mix. I just used equal amounts of white, red and blue.
To make the cute little containers, just grab card stock and roll them into cone shapes. You can staple them or glue them to seal.
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/me-medium-family.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Hi! I’m Melissa, a stay at home mom to 4 cute little rugrats, a Vol. Field Editor for “Taste of Home” Magazine where I review and create recipes, and a former elementary school teacher. Simple is my motto, because…who has time for complicated? This is where I love to share Simple Recipe Creations, Crafts, & Fun Foods for Holidays and Special Occasions. Please browse around, and join me for some fun ideas, and yummy food![/author_info] [/author]
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com – fun foods, recipes, crafts, party ideas, and fun things to do with the whole family!