This is so much fun and adorable. My daughter had so much fun designing a flower pot and watching the flowers spring to life when I ironed her craft. I think it’s a great craft for spring, summer, and Mother’s Day.
Does the picture hurt your eyes? Sorry. The sun was glaring in, but I thought it was a great time to snap a picture of the sun catcher. 🙂 It really does make me smile. It’s bright and cheerful.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your flower pot sun catcher:
- 2 sheets of wax paper that are about 9″ x 9″
- 2 paper plates
- old crayons
- cheese grater
- green and orange construction paper
- Cut the middle circle out of the paper plates
- With your orange paper, cut a little flower pot
- Using green paper, cut little stems and leaves
- Arrange them on one of the sheets of wax paper
- You can place a paper plate down as a guide to stay between the sides of the circle
- Use your grater to shave some colors off of the crayons above the stems – It only takes a little bit
- Place the other piece of wax paper over the design
- Place a towel under the design and iron over the top piece of wax paper
- The wax paper should be sealed by the wax, but if your pieces of paper are shifting around use a little glue or tape to secure them in place
- Place a plate under the design and a piece of yarn at the top
- Place another plate over the design and glue to seal them together
- You are done, my friend. Hang and enjoy!
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/me-medium-family.jpg[/author_image] [author_info]Hi! I’m Melissa, a stay at home mom to 4 cute little rugrats, a Volunteer Field Editor for “Taste of Home” Magazine where I review and create recipes, and a former elementary school teacher. Simple is my motto, because…who has time for complicated? This is where I love to share Simple Recipe Creations, Crafts, & Fun Foods for Holidays and Special Occasions. Please browse around, and join me for some fun ideas, and yummy food! Then stick around to sign up for my free newsletter. I’ll send new ideas and recipes straight to your inbox. Don ‘t worry…I’ll never share your information. I can’t wait to see more of you! Warm Regards, ~Melissa[/author_info] [/author]
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.com