As if Halloween isn’t fun enough, already. Add Booing to your Halloween Traditions, and you’ll have yet another fun adventure to look forward to. Booing is something I had never heard of before moving to New England. Once we were Booed, I was hooked.
This is a great family experience. The whole family will look forward to this night! If your kids are just starting in school, it’s a great way to add some excitement to their budding friendships. And, if they have firm friendships, this will only strengthen those as they giggle about it at school, the next day!
Is it really better to give than to receive? If you are Booing someone, it is.
So, How Do You Boo?
to make this OWL bag -go to https://kidfriendlythingstodo.com/2012/09/make-halloween-gift-bags-a-kid-friendly-thing-to-do-craft/
The idea is to put two little gift bags together, full of Halloween goodies. Somehow, find out if your friends will be home. (I usually ask the mom or dad, if it’s o.k. to boo them. Once, a parent thought someone left a bomb on their doorstep, and wouldn’t let the kids open the bag! I learned to give parents a heads up.) & this way the parents can get excited for the kids. After all the anticipation is half of the fun! 🙂
Then, when the sun goes down, load up the car with your family and the “BOO BAGS”, and set off to surprise some close friends or family! Park your car in a secretive spot.
Sneak up to the front door, set the bag down, ring the doorbell, and RUN, laughing, and giggling the whole way!
We like to hide and watch the kids get all excited from the surprise on their doorstep. Then, sort of like a chain letter, the recipients of your Boo are responsible to BOO 2 people that have not yet, been visited. As long as you Boo some fun & willing families, the fun goes on and on.
What Do You Need?
So, if you are interested in Booing Someone, here is a list of ONE essential item, and some other inexpensive ideas for your gift bag goodies:
- A Gift Bag
- (1-3copies)The MUST HAVE item is the Boo Poem! Include 2 more for the recipients, so they have them for their goody bags. I have found a web site that allows you to print it off for free. This explains the Booing process to the recipients. Go to www.beenbooed.com
- A ghost cut out to hang on their door. This signals to people that they have already been Booed! It should say WE’VE BEEN BOOED! -This way they are not Booed twice, and the fun can get spread around. If you print off the above website printable-this is included.
- A bag of goodies-It doesn’t have to be extravagant. Here are some inexpensive ideas:
For Each Child In The Family You Are Booing: Possibilities Include:
- A Halloween Pencil
- A Craft Project -(Maybe A -puppet kit, Halloween bag kit, haunted house kit, foam shape with google eyes and decorations,or a mini pumpkin with stickers to decorate, etc.)
- Halloween Coloring Sheet – for free printables go to www.coloringbookfun.com/Halloween
- Spider Rings
- Halloween Candy
You Get The Idea!
Now, Pick 2, or if you have 4 kids like us, cheat and do 4 -one friend per kid & BOO Them Tonight!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com