This old fashioned Apple Crisp Recipe was passed down to me from my mom. Apple Crisp is an easy way to achieve the taste of an apple pie without all of the work involved in making and rolling out a crust. It’s the perfect “go to” recipe for potlucks. Easy to make and a hit with everyone! Come on in and I’ll share my recipe with you…
Apple Crisp Recipe
After one of our annual fall apple picking outings, I found myself with over 20 pounds of apples. Give four kids each a bag to fill, they will most definitely fill it. When I asked what everyone wanted me to bake with the apples, my husband’s special request was Apple Crisp.
It’s such an easy, and delicious recipe. The hardest part of this apple crisp recipe is peeling all of the apples. Luckily, we have one of those apple peelers that you attach to the counter. The kind of apple peeler with a crank. It even cores the apples for you. I really recommend one for any apple recipe. It’s a life saver.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this recipe:
How to make Apple Crisp…
- Peel and core apples
- Mix brown sugar, flour, and water together to form a batter
- Pour the batter over the apples
- Mix the crumb, oatmeal topping
- Spread that over the apples
- Bake for one hour
- Serve with ice cream or whipped topping for a delicious dessert
What is the difference between apple crisp and apple crumb?
- apple crisp has a crispy topping that usually includes oatmeal
- apple crumb usually has more of a streusel topping
Does Apple Crisp Need to be refrigerated?
- Apple crisp is similar to apple pie. It does not need to be refrigerated but will last longer if covered and refrigerated
How long will Apple Crisp Last?
- At room temperature, the apple crisp should last about 2 days. In the refrigerator, you can add 2 more days.
Here’s a quick Video to show you how I make this Apple Crisp Recipe:
The Best Apple Crisp Recipe | Kid Friendly Things To Do
A delicious apple crisp recipe for dessert. Complete with a crunchy oatmeal topping.
- Prep Time: 15 min.
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 5 cups of peeled and sliced apples
- *Best apples for baking – Granny Smith, Jonagold, Braeburn, Honey Crisp and Cortland
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. of water
- 1/2 cup oats – Old Fashioned
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 9x9 baking pan
Delicious when served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
~ Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do