These are such a hoot. The whole family is definitely going to have a blast with these Minute To Win It Games to Play at Home. They are perfect for a New Year’s Eve at home, game night, or any fun party. Here’s a look at our action packed, super fun, New Years Eve & Winter Themed Minute To Win It Game Night!:
Woo! Hoo! I have finally gotten around to updating some pictures of these games. I made the kids play the games all over again! They are still so much fun, y’all! You’ll see a mixture of some of the old photos with the new. Some of the old ones, even though they are not the best quality and have crazy font (I think I got carried away with that dotted letter font), are just too much fun to delete! I hope you’ll find some good ones for your upcoming parties!
Here’s a fun video of SOME of our favorite Minute To Win It Games to Play. All of these Minute To Win It Games can be find here on Kid Friendly Things To Do. Links are found below. More Videos to come…
The stage is set and ready for fun!
- We started out with plastic cups, but they tipped over and we resorted to mugs
- They were perfect! The height was just right and they were stable
- We used 3
- Set your spoons up just like the picture so the scoop end is facing you, and the stem is under the other spoon
- You have to catapult the spoons into the cup by pushing down hard on the spoon ends (the part you spoon with)
- This will send the handle of the spoon up, forcing the spoon on top up into the air (Picture is below)
- we Set a timer for 1 minute, picked 2 players, had them in position, both with the same set up and yelled 3..2…1 – Go!
- This is a nice challenging Minute To Win It Game for adults as well as kids
- It may be hard to see, but I colored one of the white rims with a sharpie – that was our “different” cup
- All in 1 minute – Start with the “different colored” cup on top, and holding the stack, place the “different colored” cup at the bottom of the stack – under the others, then the next cup that is on top goes to the bottom, and next, and the next… until the “different” cup is back at the top
Here’s my old picture of this game. You can see how much Abi is concentrating to win this game!
I have not updated the picture for this game, yet.
I call this – either for the New Year – Go For The Gold, or for the past year heartaches – Shake It Off! The object: is to shake all of the marbles and pebbles from one 2 liter plastic bottle into the other – all in under 1 minute!
- I rinsed 2 empty two liter bottles, and filled them with one package of gold colored vase fillers – assorted pebbles and marbles
- Then I used duct tape to connect the two bottles
- I only had one package of vase fillers, so the players took turns and competed against each other’s time
- We set the timer once again, and yelled Go!
- This is a fuzzy picture of Nana trying to compete against Greema’s time! It’s harder than you think. She really started shaking it hard to beat the timer. We were rolling with laughter at Nana! Fun!
This is fun! We called this The Snowball Shake – Object: Players dip their nose in Vaseline and then pick up a cotton ball with their nose – they walk to the allotted spot and shake the cotton ball into another container
Here’s an updated picture that comes in a little more clear for you.
- . Keep going until the timer runs out or you have finished! The first one finished wins!
- No hands!
- My five year old beat my 12 year old in this! I’m not sure if we should have let him get 2 at a time, but somehow he figured out how to do it, and we let it go!
- Abi was a good sport about losing to her little brother! So much fun!
The Snowman Knock Down! Object: Use rubber-bands to knock down all of the cups before the 1 minute timer runs out!
- This is hard to do, but fun to try!
- I had plastic cups that I had already decorated as snowmen leftover from the Classroom Christmas Parties.
- I threw some plain ones into the mix, because I was too lazy to find my orange and black sharpies!
The Great Pasta Race!
- This may be a stretch working this into a winter theme, but warming up with pasta on a cold winter night, sounds good to me 😉
- The object: With No hands!…2 players on one team compete against 2 players on the other team to transfer empty soda cans from one place to another! (the spaghetti noodles have to slide through the hole in the can’s tab)
My older picture is above showing the teams competing. 🙂
- The big discussion before starting this was “how many times do they need to successfully walk to the end of the table with pasta in their teeth?”
- So…we had a practice round! We decided “once!” was enough, because it is really hard to walk with a string of spaghetti and a soda can without breaking the noodle! There was a lot of “do-overs!”
- We also decided to let the players string the noodle through the tab,and start upright off the table..but then – NO HANDS in transferring the soda can!
- No one made it in a minute! This was funny!
- I don’t have updated pictures yet, for this game. 🙁
The Cookie Drop – Throw Down – I’ll tell you how it ties into New Years Eve and Winter – The Cookie Drop/The New Year’s Eve Ball Drop! Get it?! & Who doesn’t want a warm cookie shaped like an ornament in winter?! Am I right?!
- Object: Start with a cookie on your forehead then, with no hands, work it down your face and into your mouth! – in under 1 minute!!!
That’s it for this post on Minute To Win It Games to Play at Home, but…
Check out more Minute To Win It Posts! Links are below…
Click here to check out this Rip Roaring Fun Minute To Win It Post with 8 more fun games to play!
Even More Awesome Kid Friendly Minute To Win It Games! Click Here
Don’t forget to follow along with me on my journey of fun! You’ll want to sign up for instant access to the latest ideas and recipes. One more Minute To Win It Game Post is still below:
Need more Minute To Win It Ideas? Here’s a post with 6 more game ideas!
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do