Start saving the toilet paper tubes. You’re gonna need them for this fun Valentine craft! (or just for fun Winter Craft!) Make little snowmen and snow-girls, add Snow Caps as the candy, and a little note that says, “It’s Snow Secret…You’re A True Friend…Happy Valentine’s Day!” Cute! Right?! Here’s what I did to make this Snowman out of a toilet paper tube!:
- A toilet paper tube painted white
- Various colorful and small wooden beads – I found a container of them at Wal-Mart – in the craft section
- Various colorful buttons
- Pom-poms for the earmuffs
- Bendy strips/chenille strips for the ear muffs
- Hot glue
Now, on to the Snowman:
- I glued 2 buttons for the eyes, and then I added little wooden beads for the center of the eyes
- Then I added a larger “Orange” bead for the nose, but “Frosty” the Snowman has a red nose – so that’s another great color! (If you’re doing multiples, and you run out of orange, I would just go with any color – I don’t think you can go wrong!)
- Then, I added 4 small pink beads for the mouth and curved them upward to make them smile 🙂
- Finally, I cut a 3 inch piece of the chenille strip and hot glued a red pom-pom on either side to make earmuffs
- I glued the earmuffs on either side of the snowman
- That’s it!
~Melissa – KidFriendlyThingsToDo.Com – kid friendly crafts, recipes, party ideas, fun foods, and fun things to do with your family!