It’s a craft and a snack all in one! This Valentine’s Candy Dog is almost too cute to eat, though. I don’t think I could pull it apart. My kids, on the other hand, probably won’t have a problem devouring the Hershey Kisses and the Smarties. Come on in and I’ll share my “how to” on Make a Valentine’s Candy Dog for a Fun Kid’s Craft and Treat
It’s too cute to eat, right? At least that’s what I thought. Of course, my 8-year-old showed no restraint when ripping his dog craft apart to eat.
It’s really simple to make, too. My 10-year-old watched me make one and made one even ten times cuter than mine.
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make a Valentine’s Candy Dog for a Fun Kid’s Craft and Treat
For Each Valentine’s Dog
- 1 Smarties Candy Roll
- 5 Hershey’s Kisses – Around Valentine’s Day, you can find them wrapped in pink, red and purple
- 1 small piece of pipe cleaner for the tail (about 1/2 inch) – I used pink
- 2 small googly eyes
- 2 Valentine Colors (pink, purple, white, or red) Foam Paper ears – Cut little Egg shaped pieces out of the foam with a straight edge at the top
- 1 small pom-pom (Valentine Color)
- Warm glue gun and glue sticks
- *Alternative to Glue Gun – Advanced Craft Glue. This a great idea when working with large groups or small kids
Here’s a quick Video Tutorial on making this Candy Dog Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids…
- Glue 4 total Hershey’s Kisses on both sides of the Smarties – and on both ends, making the 4 legs for the doggie
- I also trimmed the end of the Smarties wrapper to make the tail and head go on a little easier
- Glue the fifth Hershey’s Kiss on the front of the Smarties Candy Roll
- Use the glue to add eyes, ears, and the little pom-pom nose
- Bend the pipe cleaner into a curve and glue it on the opposite side of the Smarties Candy Roll for the tail
- That’s it!
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
What else can you do for Valentine’s Day for Kids?
You are already off to a good start with a homemade special gift. How about a special breakfast? Make heart-shaped pancakes. Or, you can make their sandwiches into heart-shapes.
How else can I make Valentine’s Day Special? What are some other Valentine’s Day gifts that I can make?
Make cookies together. Or, make a Love Potion Float for dessert.
If you’re looking for more cute Valentine’s Animals – How about the cutie pie below? It’s so easy to make and your kids will absolutely go bonkers over it. They can even help!
Make a Love Bug Craft out of candy and craft supplies
Here’s the link to this Chocolate Strawberry Ladybug
Here’s another Store-Bought Candy Craft to check out…