It’s a craft and a snack all in one! This Valentine’s Candy Dog is almost too cute to eat, though. I don’t think I could pull it apart. My kids on the other hand – most likely won’t have a problem devouring the Hershey Kisses and the Smarties. Come on in and I’ll share my “how to” on Make a Valentine’s Candy Dog for a Fun Kid’s Craft and Treat
It’s too cute to eat, right? At least that’s what I thought. Of course, my 8-year-old showed no restraint whatsoever when ripping his dog craft apart to eat.
Here’s a quick Video Tutorial on making this Candy Dog Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids…
It’s really simple to make, too. My 10 year old watched me make one and made one even ten times cuter than mine. 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need to Make a Valentine’s Candy Dog for a Fun Kid’s Craft and Treat
For Each Valentine Dog
- 1 Smarties Candy Roll
- 5 Hershey’s Kisses – Around Valentine’s Day, you can find them wrapped in pink, red and purple
- 1 small piece of pipe cleaner for the tail (about 1/2 inch) – I used pink
- 2 small googly eyes
- 2 Valentine Color (pink, purple, white, or red) Foam Paper ears – Cut little Egg shaped pieces out of the foam with a straight edge at the top
- 1 small pom-pom (Valentine Color)
- Warm glue gun and glue sticks
Instructions on Making a Valentine’s Candy Dog for a Fun Kid’s Craft and Treat
- Glue 4 total of the Hershey’s Kisses on both sides of the Smarties – and on both ends, making the 4 legs for the doggie
- I also trimmed the end of the Smarties wrapper to make the tail and head go on a little easier
- Glue the fifth Hershey’s Kiss on the front of the Smarties Candy Roll
- Use the glue to add eyes, ears and the little pom-pom nose
- Bend the pipe cleaner into a curve and glue it on the on the opposite side of the Smarties Candy Roll for the tail
- That’s it!
- Happy Valentine’s Day!
What else can you do for Valentine’s Day for Kids?
You are already off to a good start with a homemade special gift. How about a special breakfast? Make heart-shaped pancakes. Or, you can make their sandwiches into heart-shapes.
How else can I make Valentine’s Day Special? What are some other Valentine’s Day gifts that I can make?
Make cookies together. Or, make a Love Potion Float for dessert.
If you’re looking for more cute Valentine Animals – How about the cutie pie below? It’s so easy to make and your kids will absolutely go bonkers over it. They can even help!
Make a Love Bug Craft out of candy and craft supplies
Here’s the link to this Chocolate Strawberry Ladybug
Here’s another Store-Bought Candy Craft to check out…