I had so much fun making this DIY Candy Train for a Christmas Craft with a lifesaver and other candies. You could carry this Candy Train throughout the whole year with little train enthusiasts and train themed birthday parties. This is a perfect craft for School Christmas Parties or just for fun at home this Christmas. Come on in and I’ll share How To Make a Candy Train Craft for Christmas and beyond…
You can mix and match candy pieces to make your train. I had several different options for the smokestack, but ultimately went with the Hershey’s Kiss.
Here’s a helpful little Video on How To Make a Christmas Candy Train…
I like the way the paper on top resembles smoke coming out.
The old fashioned candy trains used a package of stick gum for the base. Can you believe they don’t make a package of 5 gum sticks anymore? I searched all over. The closest that I could find to the same size was a package of Hubba Bubba.
Here are my top Amazon Picks for this Christmas How To Make A Candy Train Craft…
FYI – Life Savers packages are tricky to find too. I finally found some packages in the Christmas Aisle of Walgreen’s. Target also had them in the Christmas Aisle but sold them in a multi-pack of 3. They had the classic rainbow flavor ones.
Finally, Here are the supplies and instructions for this Candy Train Craft…
- 1 package of Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum
- 1 package of Lifesavers Candy – for Christmas, I purchased the red and white striped Peppermint Flavor ( It’s hard to find individual lifesavers. I finally lucked out at Walgreen’s – in the Christmas/holiday aisle)
- 4 Hard Peppermint Candies
- 1 Hereshey’s Kiss
- 4 Miniature Hershey Bars – For my Christmas Train, I bought the Christmas Printed Candy Bars
- Lo Temp Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Center and Glue the Lifesavers candy on to the top of the bubble gum package
- add the 4 peppermint candies to the corners of the bubble gum -as wheels
- Stack and Glue 3 of the 4 miniature Hershey Miniature Chocolate Bars
- Glue that to the back of the Lifesaver candy
- Glue the other candy bar the opposite way of the others in the center
- Glue the candy kiss on the front of the Lifesaver candy
That’s It! Merry Christmas
If you are still looking for Christmas Crafts, then check out the posts below…
~Melissa – Kid Friendly Things To Do